Exploring Masai Mara is a beautiful experience as it involves different safari activities making memorable trips. There is a choice of experiencing the Savannah splendor by foot or car, any time after dark or event in the daytime. There are various activities to keep your time full during the time of visit.
Places of attraction
An African Sundowner
Going for a sundowner after an exciting safari tour or wildlife viewing is relaxing. You can watch the sun going below the horizon as you are sipping some refreshing drink sitting beneath an Acacia tree.
Great Wildebeest Migration
Watching with bated breath the migrating wildebeest as it comes closer to the Mara River edge is a fabulous moment. You can feel it as it enters into the waters. Your heart is certain to pound, so keep the camera ready, while you watch wildebeest stepping in. it will be followed by herds of zebras and also other wildebeests. There is all possibility that there may be action and delightful experience is the Great Wildebeest Migration.
Camping lovers may set up a camp and enjoy the thrilling experience. Spend nights and feel the thrill of sleeping in a bush surrounded by wild animals. There are Maasai guards and guides to ensure your safety.
Experience Masai Mara on Game Drives
Game Drives offer two options, a day game or a night drive. Going on game drives in association with Maasai guides is helpful as they uncover the Mara wonders. The night game drives are in the conservancy. You get to see elephants, lions, rhinoceros, and Cape buffalo, besides hyenas, giraffes, hippos, zebra, wildebeest, Nile crocodiles, antelopes, gazelles, and lots more.
Join Guided Walking Safaris
The local Maasai guides are aware of this pristine wilderness and joining their walking safaris gives a chance of reconnecting with your adventure. Learn about the unusual bugs, game tracking and sporting of wildlife from your car.
Things to do
- Experience mind-boggling game drives with rangers uncovering the Mara wonders.
- Take to hot air balloon safari that is life-changing as it moves above Mara plains. Enjoy the bird’s eye view and soar peacefully the animals. If you are fortunate, you can see the Great Migration.
- Horseback safari is a distinct and invigorating way of exploring this landscape. If your time is just right, you can see giraffe journeys and see galloping zebra.
- Perfect the photography skills so that you get your photographic experience to the best and you can be proud of taking unobstructed views.
How to access
By Road – A minibus from Nairobi brings visitors as a safari all-inclusive package. You can come on a Land Cruiser and enjoy the game-drive. There are regular buses and matatus also arriving from Nairobi.
By Air – The best option to reach Mara directly.
Getting Around– There is an extensive network and you can enjoy horse safaris, hot air balloon safaris, scenic flights, and bush walks.
Best time to visit
For general game viewing, it is always the best time, thanks to the temperate climate and abundant resident wildlife.
- The best time to visit is from late June to October as they are Dry months and wildlife viewing is possible.
- The Wildebeest migration is from August to October in Masai Mara.